Thursday 5 June 2008

The SG Core Plus Sterling Bond fund: demonized?

Sometimes my eyes go a bit funny. I was reading this morning about the £7.9 million SG Core Plus Sterling Bond fund which is investing in UK sterling-denominated bonds. DENOMINATED! What the hell is wrong with me? I thought it said 'demonized'. Too many late nights, I suppose. I hardly sleep these days. I wish I could spend more time working on my blog, but I've got so many other things to do. I had to break up another fight between Big Herb and Ganesh on the astral plane last night. Don't get me wrong though, they're great mates. It's the credit crunch. Everyone's a bit crazy at the moment.

Anyway - demonized. I started thinking. Can bonds be demonized? I phoned Keith Busby. This is what he said: 'Demonized bonds? Shit, you've got me there. I presume you mean demonized in the sense they've been taken over by demons. Demonology isn't really my area. This is something you should talk to Jack Pickles about. What happened between you two? You used to be best friends, man. Like brothers. Listen, it's a bit early in the morning for talking about demons. Why don't you try Jack? You know he never sleeps either.'

No. I am not talking to Jack. Keith, if you can't understand why Jack and I aren't friends any more, you really are as thick as everyone says you are. Get your arse out of bed.