Tuesday 7 December 2010

What did HSBC know about Bernard Madoff?

Oh, there's some talk, some 'news' - if you can believe that, that, that HSBC knew all about Bernard Madoff and his diabolical [so evil as to recall the DEVIL] Ponzi scheme, way back, back in 2001, when the world was young. Ah, the apple trees, blossoms in the breeze.

HSBC subsidiaries fed money into the Ponzi nightmare, or so various nutjobs claim. I don't know what to believe. Do any of us know what to believe any more? And if HSBC knew, so what? You have to make hay while the sun shines, don't ya?

Personally, I would like to know what HSBC knew about Jack Pickles. He was Madoff's boss. He was the one pulling the strings.

Who is Jack Pickles? I suppose I know more than most. After all, we were best friends. Like brothers, we were. Almost the same person. Yes, that close. But he turned to the dark side, of course, while I stayed pure and righteous and whiter than white. They say that rape and murder are just a shot away. (Well, Keith Richards does.) And that's true with Jack. And kidnap, and extortion, and Ponzi schemes. We shouldn't overlook the Ponzi schemes. Although the media does. Why has no one investigated Jack Pickles? Why is everyone so afraid of him? Even the Feds won't arrest him.

They are always pestering me though, the Feds. They seem to think I am the only one who can deal with Jack. They think I know him better than I know myself. One agent actually said that to me. 'You know him better than you know yourself. You don't even know yourself. Repent. We won't arrest you. We can't. But you must repent. Take Jesus into your heart.' Ha! Can you believe that nonsense? He later fell down an elevator shaft. Tragic. But it was nonsense. I don't know what he was suggesting to me. People say all kinds of strange things to me. And not just people. Disembodied voices. However, I will not be taking Jesus into my heart. My heart is full. Big Herb. Ganesh the elephant god. The ghosts of the dead financiers. There ain't no room for Jesus. Same old story. Some things never change.