Wednesday 11 January 2012

Colin Harte's Absolute Return Global Bond trust is ...

I can hardly write/type it, is ... well, Barings, Baring Asset Management, wants to merge it with Andrew Cole's Multi Asset fund. They're obsessed with generating consistent and positive absolute returns! So, Colin will only have the Global Bond trust to keep him occupied - not even that, really - if it all goes ahead. Oh, I'm not sure I like this. You don't mess with a man's funds!

Now Colin's in some sort of "consultation" period with Barings. Well, if that was me, they could consult my arse, mate. Do you know what I mean?

Nick Leeson should have finished the job. A bit before my time, but I remember Big Herb telling me that Leeson couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery. 'I told him to get rid of the name as well, not just the fucking bank!'

_________________________


The evil that men do. I just can't get my head round it. And women! They're not much better. It's money that causes it. Only the filthy rich are without sin, the ones who have enough - ? No, no, no. Oh, but sometimes, even enough is not enough! Then, even the filthy rich can find themselves in the pit, wailing and gnashing their teeth. It's not a pretty sight. And the sound is terrible, too.

The self-righteous are every bit as bad, the scumbags! The human race is disgusting. I'm glad I'm not a part of it. Detached, removed, isolated - whatever! I've never been so happy to be so inhuman. Not quite an angel, of course. You have to be real good to be one of those. And suppose Gillian suddenly took me to her heart?

Beauty is only ... the first touch of terror we can still bear and it awes us so much because it so coolly disdains to destroy us.