Wednesday 11 January 2012

Thierry Lucas has founded Portland Hill Capital

It seems - yes, it does - there's always some c**t founding some hedge fund somewhere, but the good news is that Thierry Lucas is a delightful character. So it's something to celebrate, ain't it? Yes! No, I'm only joking. Yes! I genuinely like all hedgies, and their hedge funds. What's not to like? Hedge funds make the world go round, and round, and round - until we feel sick and want to get off. But I'll never get off! I dig the nausea. It makes me feel so, so, so ooo alive. The truth is, if I weren't suffering ... I wouldn't know I was born, and if I wasn't born ... I wouldn't be suffering. So ... ooo ... ooo ...

Obviously, this isn't making a great deal of sense. There are too many positives and negatives all jumbled together. I really don't know how I feel sometimes. And I don't know how I think. But let me think for you, all the same, oh, let me try, let me give it my best shot, like Lucky in Waiting for Godot : Portland Hill Capital will launch its maiden hedge fund in the spring of this year when the sun is shining and God knows what it will be called so we will have to ask Him if He appears before us in a vision this nameless probably should remain so fund will focus on Europe yes all event-driven no doubt and rather marvellously an equity long and short vehicle actually an indecently large hedge fund launch of this year or any year lately hoping to raise up to the sky around $500 million American that is with a strategy so liquid and nimble and fresh and lovely and capable of dealing current levels market volatility deep fundamental analysis target investment ideas ...

Now, let me feel for you : ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo ... Are you feeling it too?