Tuesday 30 October 2012

Who is Hirak Biswas?

All right, calm down, everyone. There's no need to get upset. I've got everything under control. Hirak Biswas is a trader who has just left Credit Suisse to join Brevan Howard Asset Management. He was based in New York, but now he's going to be working in Geneva. 'Mikey, are you telling us everything?' Voice, I'm telling you everything I know about the man. Apparently, he's harmless. I have it on good authority that he's a genuine human being, flesh and blood, not blood and fire, and he's a trader. 'A trader?' A trader, Voice. 'A trader in souls!!!' No, government bonds, I think. 'You think?!' Well, that's what I've heard. 'Who told you?' That's a secret. 'Mikey, you don't have any secrets. Not when it comes to me and your readers. I don't like this one little bit.' Tough. Hirak Biswas is a trader at Brevan Howard, and that's the end of it. 'Man -' That's the end of it, Voice!

_________________________


I'll have to kill this voice, like all the other voices. I think the problem is that I'm too soft. I give an inch and they take a mile.

The last day of summer today. Well, that's what it looks like. I might go out to Chiswick this afternoon.

You won't believe this, but I've got vegetable samosas for lunch. I'm so excited. I can't wait.

I think I'm getting better on the guitar. I'm not Prince, but no one is, except Prince, of course. I was always good on the piano. I had lessons at school. But I don't have a piano. Never mind. / I regret selling all my instruments now. I sold a keyboard for about £20. I sold a lovely acoustic guitar that cost me £300 twenty years ago. My current guitar is a cheap Argos thing. It does the job though. And I sold my saxophone. I don't regret that. All I could do was play Baker Street - badly.