Wednesday 29 November 2017

Post Oak Energy Capital has got its hands on $600 million!

If a firm can have hands, of course. The jury's still out on that one. I suppose individual team members can have hands ... 'Yippee, boss!' Why are you so happy, Voice? 'Well, it's Christmas, ain't it? Post Oak can spend all that money on presents for their families and friends. I love Christmas, me.' Er ... I think they're going to invest the money, actually. 'Oh. How boring!' Well, it's money they've raised from investors, man. 'Yeah, I suppose. It's still boring though.' Shut up, Voice! Please. You understand NOTHING!!! It's embarrassing sometimes. It really is. / Oh, about the firm ...

Post Oak Energy Capital is a Houston-based private equity firm primarily focused on making domestic investments in the upstream, midstream and oilfield services sectors of the energy industry. Post Oak seeks to identify outstanding oil and gas entrepreneurs and management teams with well-defined business plans that also possess a demonstrated track record of creating accretive value for shareholders.

And the thing is ... they've just closed their Post Oak Energy Partners IV, with the $600 million. 'A couple of weeks ago.' Eh? 'You're reading that press release on their website. It's two weeks old, boss.' So? Better late than never. They didn't send me any news. I had to go looking for it, the old-fashioned way. / This is what Frost says ... 'Mr Frost. Have some respect!' No, Mr Cochran. 'Who's Mr Frost then?!' It's Frost Cochran, idiot! 'Eh?! What is?!' Christ! Give me strength!

"The hard work of our industry partners produced a combination of material asset realizations and new investments that resulted in the opportunity to raise our fourth fund sooner than we had anticipated," said Frost Cochran, Managing Director of Post Oak. "We are gratified by the continuing support of our strategy and team by our investment partners."

You see, Voice? Frost Cochran. That's his name. He's American. It's all above board. 'Nice one!' Yeah.

...

Okay, okay. Anything else? Not really. Well, music? Oh, I'm working on the lyric for my eleventh song. It's gonna be a big lyric for a big tune. 'Yippee!' Maybe it will make the demo. Maybe it won't. Who knows?!

Politics? Ah, sorry, I ain't interested. Go somewhere else, dear reader(s), if that's your thing. 'Come on, Mikey! Brexit!' No! Music is nice. It improves people's lives. But politics just fucks everyone up, man. I ain't having it on my blog.

Okay. Laters, you dig?