Tuesday 4 September 2018

Is there any financial news today?

Ha! Well, maybe there is, dear reader(s). And maybe there isn't. How would I know? I haven't even looked, man!

That's the sort of perverse mood I've been in lately. The news hasn't even been on my radar. So ... imagine I worked for someone else! "Michael, we want you to look into this new hedge fund and write a piece about it." Stuff it! "I beg your pardon?" I said stuff it, man. I do things my way, you dig? I ain't even interested in no freakin' hedge funds. I'm going to write a motivational post for my loyal followers. I'm like Tony Robbins, me.

Okay, okay. Listen to me. Sometimes in this life you've got to make a stand. You've got to be true to yourself, and just do what you want to do. You haven't got much time left, reader(s). None of us have. Your boss doesn't care about you. Not like I care.

Okay, okay. Let's get motivational. This is for the artistic ones out there who want to SELL!!! [But it could apply to other personality types, too.] Maybe you write old-fashioned books. Ha! Christ! Whatever. Or maybe you write songs. Maybe you paint pictures. I don't know what you do, man. It doesn't actually matter. What does matter is ... Are you offering the world something that is world-class? There's a school of thought that says you should try and get better as you go along (with people witnessing your efforts, I mean.) "Just do it! And see what happens." Well, that might have been a good idea in the old days. But these days, there's too much of EVERYTHING. Especially with the internet. To be precise, there's too much, far too much ... average shit, you dig? And average doesn't work. / The good thing about the old days was, people were given time to prove themselves. Here's an example: between 1964 and 1970 David Bowie was given countless opportunities to release mediocre music - oh, with the exception of the Space Oddity single in 1969, obviously. Every time he failed he was given another chance. Hunky Dory in 1971 was the first time he delivered something that was world-class. It just wouldn't happen today.

So, the thing to do is ... work in private, work hard, and wait for the right moment. Wait until you can win, win BIG(!!!) ... and DOMINATE. Then unleash yourself upon the world. And forget about taking prisoners. It's a jungle out there, son/daughter. I suppose it always has been. However, it's worse now.

So, don't be a fool, baby. You dig? / Laters!