Monday 3 December 2018

I haven't been invited to the Aviva Investors Christmas party

Uh. Uh. Uh. / I'm normally invited, kook(s), but not this year. 'Were you invited last year, boss?' I think so. I can't actually remember. But they normally invite me, man. 'Ha! You never go anyway.' So? It's nice to be invited, Voice.

I don't care. I'm too busy, dear reader(s). I can't spend a whole month partying and getting drunk. I work for a living. Sort of. Do you know what I mean?

And I'll have to work like Elon Musk for the next three weeks before Christmas BECAUSE(!) ... I've got so much to do, you dig? 'Yes.' And I want to enjoy my Christmas knowing ... that I'm ready to rock for next year, you dig? 'Yes. / What have you got to do, boss? Tell us!' Well, I've got to record those three songs for my new demo, finish the lyric for my fifteenth song, and ... the usual blogging, of course. 'Okay.' As for the recordings, I'm just going to do the best job I can. It's crazy going after perfection, man. I'm like Kirk Douglas in that jazz film he made. 'Yeah.' However, his character had chilled out a bit by the end of the film. That's what I need to do.

Let's rock! Oh, er, yes, yes ... I'm, uh, listening to (What's the Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis. Like I was saying last week about great hit-type songs, this album has six of them, and four album tracks. 'What six?' These six -

Roll with It
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back in Anger
Some Might Say
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova

Roll with It is the weakest of the six. It still got to number two in the charts.

And the album sold over twenty million copies! I doubt that sort of success will happen again for anyone. I'm not too bothered though. My goal for the next ten years is to record the five greatest albums ever. Whatever amount they sell, the artistic success of all that should set me up for stadium status when it comes to tours.

Think big, baby! 'And kick ass, Mikey!' Fuckin' A! / Ha! I actually bought that Donald Trump book a few years ago, I'm ashamed to say. Before we all knew his true character, like.

Which brings me neatly to Brexit. Fuck that shit, man! Seriously. Do you know what I mean?

Later(s), pop, rock, finance, politics, and blog fan(s)!