Thursday 20 December 2018

Music, thoughts

What else? Nothing else. It's the last post before Christmas. Then I'll be taking a week off. I suggest that you ... yes, YOU(!) ... do the same, man. All right?

Of course, I'll still be playing my guitar, dear reader(s). But no blogging! And, uh ... no finance today.

Music! Let me put a few songs on ...

Boots of Spanish Leather. One of Bob Dylan's best early songs.

L-O-V-E (Love) by Al Green. / I'm glad "love" is in brackets. It could have been very confusing.

Get Down. Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Darlene Love. From the Phil Spector Christmas album. / I'll put this on repeat for a bit ...

Thoughts? I'm not sure I've got too many, to tell you the truth, kook(s). I'm actually in a confused state today. That's why I was so pleased that our Al had put "love" in brackets. / The Voice? Where is he? Oh, he's gone now. Christmas with his folks on the astral plane. I hope he has a nice time. He needs a rest.

The army? Man, I'm so looking forward to seeing the army on the streets next year when Brexit happens. / What will you be doing for food, reader(s)? I'll probably see you down the empty supermarket. We can fight each other for the last loaf of bread. / By the way, don't get ill. There won't be any medicine. What a shitshow, eh?!

Okay, okay. Pack it in, Darlene, love!

Between the Bars. Elliott Smith. His best song, I think.

A Design for Life. Manic Street Preachers.

Tempted. Squeeze.

My music? I'll have a go at recording next Thursday, and a couple of days after - if needed. I'm hoping I won't have to do loads of takes. I'm pretty good now.

I've got to get the fuck to Malibu, man! I ain't worried about Trump. He won't be President forever. Ha! Unless he makes himself President for Life, of course. Anything is possible.

Hotel California. The Eagles, obviously. Oh, my song Malibu is better, yes! However, I'll put this on repeat because I love the iconic guitar solo at the end.

Yes, yes, I've got four songs that are - let me be honest for a moment - better than anybody's songs. It was a decision I made. You dig? It's not rocket science.

Okay, okay. I hope you have a nice Christmas, kook(s)!

Laters!