Tuesday 8 April 2008

Diners Club is sold for $165 million

My old mate Vikram Pandit has decided that Citigroup needs to be slimmed down a bit, and so he has just sold Diners Club to Discover for $165 million. Fair enough. But he also wants to sell the church of his love. Is Vikram freaking out in a moonage daydream or what?

I spoke to Vik last night, and he told me, 'As you well know, the church of my love ain't shit any more. I have to sell it. If it's not bringing the money in, why keep it? I'm not a sentimental man. Business is business, and the church of my love will soon be history. And no, for your information, I am not freaking out in a moonage daydream.'

Shocking. I'm sure a lot of you, my dear readers, will be outraged by this. I suggest that you contact Mr Pandit and have it out with him.