Wednesday 16 July 2008

When the trading's over

Blood, blood, blood … and tears, tears, and recession! No, no, no. Why should a rat have life? There will be no recession. My golden dream! My eyes! O Satan, get away! Get away from me. Ah! Oh! Oh!

Credit crunch, credit, crunch, crunch! Through this swirling nightmare, my spinning head, my weary legs, my bleeding mouth, my broken heart, my smashed ears, blood, blood, I see blood with my dead eyes! O Big Herb, where are you? O Ganesh, O beautiful elephant, O Ganesh! And Jesus! Save me! Buddha! Save me! But who can you save, with your poverty? Oh, I'm in tears! I'm broken! The sadness of it all.

FTSE 100. FTSE 100. FTSE 100. Say it again and again and again. Bang a drum. Bang a gong. Get it on. Meditation! My nerves won't stand it. The tears are mixing with the blood. But we shall fight them on the astral plane! We need strength. O ghosts of the dead financiers, spill your ectoplasm for us. We want to see it. Show us your passion. How much do you care? You know we love you.

I want to hear,
I want to hear,
The scream of the chancellor.

I once had a dream. A golden dream. Money. Money. Money. Where is the money?

There is blood! We will pay for this. The cosmos wants our blood. I can feel it.

Hotheads are calling for a sacrifice! No, no, no! We will not engage in such barbarism. Have you gone insane? What are you thinking of? What am I thinking of? What? What am I saying? Who said that? Whose voice is that?

When the trading's over,
When the trading's over,
When the trading's over,
Turn out the lights.