Tuesday 31 July 2012

Momentum Trading Partners has gone out of business

It was a brokerage that was dealing with hedge funds - in New York, apparently. God knows why I'm writing about it. But it's either this or my lunch. I'm having cheese rolls. / Shouldn't you be on holiday? It's nearly August. Maybe you're reading this on the beach. It's all right for some, ain't it? I have to work. There's no rest for the righteous.

Yes, back to business. There's a problem with market volatility, and no one wants to risk nothing. I don't know what can be done about it. Not even shamanism works at a time like this. (Well, I haven't actually tried, to be honest with you.) Lionel Mellul reckons the Momentum team will end up somewhere else. Oh, I hope so. Lionel is one of the founders of the firm.

I wish I could help, but I've got problems of my own. I watched a documentary about Prince last night. There's no excuse for my laziness. I could write my songs - if I wanted to. There's no need for me to be a great singer, a great guitarist, a great pianist, a great dancer, or any of the great things that Prince is. I just need to write a handful of great songs. How many? Three! That's all I need for a demo. Not hundreds. THREE! I have one and a half.

Okay, lunch. Then a conceptual, No. 40. / See you later, crocodile.