Wednesday 25 July 2012

Tony Hall and Arno Pilz have resigned from Duet Asset Management

And the crazy thing is that Duet now wants me to take over their old fund, some goddamn Duet Commodities fund - as if I would be interested. Can you believe it? I don't think Henry Gabay understands. / Henry, son, I'm a financial shaman, yeah? I'm not a fund manager. I wouldn't know where to start managing a fund.

It's my reputation, you see. Some of these people think I'm a god. They know I'm a legendary figure in the cosmos of financial shamanism. They think it wouldn't take much to make me a top fund manager as well. Just a bit of encouragement, they imagine. Oh no. I couldn't do it. I ain't got a mathematical brain, anyway. You need a mathematical brain for all this fund management shit.

Well, the sun is shining. That's what I should be writing about. It's a rare event. Let's make the most of it.

I'll be writing a conceptual later, No. 38. / I should be writing songs. I'm not sure I've got the energy for both, you know, blogging and songwriting. Last night, I started to think. (Oh, real heavy thinking.) I thought: if I had spent the last five years writing songs instead of writing this blog, I'd probably be worth fifty million pounds now. Maybe even more than that. With my creative powers? Hundreds of millions! Instead, I'm sitting in the shit over here, not even rubbing two pennies together. I ain't even got a pot I can take a piss in. That's how bad the situation is. And I'd be having fun, hanging out with the stars. And maybe getting drunk and rolling down a hill, like Dudley Moore in "10". / I've got to get my priorities straight, man. I can't go on like this. It's killing me.

There's a good life out there, somewhere. And I'm gonna get my hands on it.