Thursday 12 July 2012

Nothing much

Just this, that's all. / I'm listening to Bowie's Ziggy Stardust at the moment. Anton Kreil has put me in the mood for it. He's a great guy. Bowie, not Kreil. I'm not fucking crazy.

Still trying to get my songs together for a demo. My voice is actually better than Ian Brown's. Does this mean I should become a recording artist as well? No. I don't want the hassle of pop stardom, not at my age. Besides, I wouldn't have any time for blogging, would I?

I'm listening to Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene now. It's all right. / There's no financial news, thank God. I need a break. And no more conceptuals this week. Just this, until Monday.

That CD/DVD shop in Chiswick is open again. I don't know what happened. Maybe they were redecorating. It looks a bit different, I think.

I'm not going to Cornwall this year. / I found some videos on YouTube of my favourite Cornish beach, Porth Kidney Sands. I also found a video of St Ives from June 1990, which was a bit depressing because a lot of the old people in it are probably dead now. There's one guy playing a game in the arcade. A terrible waste of time. Twenty-two years have passed since then. Today, he's in his forties, no doubt. I remember I went to Sennen Cove/Land's End in August 1990. I'm in my forties. I don't want to waste any more time on stupid stuff.

Let's have some 2Pac. I Ain't Mad At Cha. It's a shame he had to die so young, but at least he stayed true to himself. Kept it real, as it were. / Thug Life by Thug Life (2Pac's group). It's a great album. Bury Me A G. 'I'm staying real until I'm six feet deep.' 2Pac was as obsessed with death as Dylan Thomas was. All intelligent, sensible people are. I could be wrong. Bernie Ecclestone might be a better role model.