Sunday 18 May 2014

How old is Patrick Bone at Schroders?

Jesus H. Christ! Man, take a look at Patrick Bone! [Uh, picture gone.] He is only seventeen ... and yet somehow he is the head of UK property research at Schroders. 'Bloody hell!' How on earth is this possible?! When I was seventeen, I was into my music (for the first time), playing guitar and piano (in those days) and writing songs. And still at school! But Pat? Dear reader(s), he's the head of something, some department, at a big firm like Schroders! 'The mind boggles, boss.' It does, Voice. I mean, my mind is literally boggled out of my skull, floating around the cosmos somewhere - on a Sunday afternoon, of all times. And I was hoping to relax today, maybe watch Fandango again ...

By the way - I may as well tell you - Pat reckons the London office market is looking really good at the moment. / Well, we don't need to concern ourselves with that ... It's Pat's business. Nothing to do with us, really ...

...

I'm listening to Elvis Costello at the moment ... Trust. / He's not the greatest guitarist in the world. Better than me, obviously, BUT(!) ... I reckon I'll be able to get up to his level - maybe by the end of the year. / Last week, reader(s), I did twenty-five hours practice, which is my most ever. To put that in context, this time last year I was doing an average of only five or six hours a week. / I want to keep doing twenty plus ...

Oh, what's with all the ... you're wondering. Man, sometimes I just dig these little dots ... you dig? So did Celine ... in his pomp.

...

I've tried writing this last paragraph three or four times now ... / I'm leaving it like this. NOTHING MORE TO SAY!