Thursday 22 May 2014

John Husselbee ain't heavy, he's my brother

Liontrust's John Husselbee ain't heavy at all, you'll be pleased to hear. He is my brother though. Not literally. But I feel very close to him, in spirit. 'You like to follow him around, don't you, Mikey?' No, Voice, it's nothing like that. You follow me around, and that's stalking. 'What?! I'm your intern.' Oh, when it suits you. Whatever, man. Whatever. / Anyway, John is the head of multi asset at Liontrust Asset Management - if you can believe that. And do you know what he says, dear reader(s)? Well, he says ... I am responsible for the investment management of multi asset funds and portfolios. As a team we look to add value from strategic asset allocation, tactical asset allocation and mystic kook selection. The investment process has been developed over a twenty year period. It is robust and is consistently applied to all assets so that all clients benefit from all our knowledge, research and expertise. Yeah, he's a great guy. A guy like me. He's a bit crazy. He reads Warren Buffett shareholder reports when he should be concentrating on driving. Or maybe he gets the train. I don't know. That's not important. He likes horses. He goes to the races when he's not working. He likes to relax. He needs to relax. His life is very stressful. I can tell you, his welfare is my concern. Some people have said to me ... Mikey, this John Husselbee nutjob must be a burden. He must cucumber you. Why don't you cut loose of him? Ha! No, no, no. They don't understand the bond we have. He's my brother. MY BROTHER! The fact is, if I'm laden at all, I'm laden with sadness that everyone's heart isn't filled with the gladness of love for one another. 'Yeah.' But I believe it's a choice you make, you know? How to live your life. A lot of people are cold, cynical, heartless ... They're the ones I need to cut loose of.

...

Lunch? Er ... Luxury egg sandwich, luxury yoghurt, ordinary crisps, ordinary Pepsi. The luxury stuff? I didn't get much sleep last night, man. So I want a bit of luxury. You've got to treat yourself every now and then, ain't ya? Well, that's what I think.

I'll be working on a conceptual later, No. 220. Yeah, I'm going to take John for a spin. He'll be real light - like a feather! Or a butterfly ...