Thursday 12 June 2014

Evan Bauman and Richie Freeman are happy to sit in cash

And I don't know or understand much more than that. Oh dear! Some people are just so strange, aren't they? Evan Bauman and Richie Freeman are as happy as sandboys though, rolling around in money. 'I thought they were merely sitting in it, Mikey?' They like to roll as well, Voice. 'Christ!' I know. Why don't they spend it, man? Or at least invest it. I mean ...

Christ ... / Anyway, they work for ClearBridge Investments. And they manage the $2.4 billion Legg Mason ClearBridge US Aggressive Growth fund - if you can believe that. (God knows what Legg Mason has got to do with it.) It's so depressing ...

At ClearBridge Investments, our mission is to deliver consistently superior investment performance. We pursue this goal by getting our veteran portfolio managers to meditate while sitting in cash. They sometimes like to roll. In a world that is too often focused on short-term results, we, er ...

You see, dear reader(s)? They're not sure themselves. And it's the meditating again, ain't it? It's Billy Fleckenstein all over again. But it doesn't work! I tried it years ago. If you want to get rich in this world you have to be prepared to do a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. And even then you'll probably end up in the shit.

Well ... after lunch, I'll take the lads for a spin, No. 226. Maybe I'll be able to spin some sense into them.

...

I'm not in the mood for listening to music this morning ... / I bought a cheap MP3 player, which arrived yesterday, and which is broken already. It only lasted a couple of hours. A total con. The seller should have just mugged me in the street. It would have been more honest. All I want is a bit of honesty in this world, you dig?