Thursday 5 June 2014

Jeff Hodgetts was born at Barclays

Yeah, in one of its branches, and the bank sort of adopted him. But now he's moved on, left home, such a lonely boy, oh, he's working at European Wealth Management Group as, er, some sort of cockamamie investment manager - as if that will make him happy. (A lost soul like Jeff can't have any idea what happiness is. I suppose I can let him go his own way - for a while. I'm going to monitor the situation.) Oh, you won't believe this, dear reader(s), but European Wealth has a story! Isn't that exciting? I like a good story. You see ... European Wealth was officially launched ... years ago. We don't know when. The investment world was still a pretty grim place but one of our mantras has always been bad times make good entry points. As if to underline that, we made our first acquisition one ... March, when the world was young, ah, the apple trees! - the financial shamanic firm Mathews Smith in Maidstone. This was an exciting moment but more importantly, it was the springboard for the development of the financial shamanic business so critical to delivering a true wealth management offering. We finished that year looking after £150 million of assets, and a few mystic kooks. Not bad, but - 'Yes, that's very pretty, Mikey. I heard a story once. As a matter of fact, I've heard a lot of stories in my time. They went along with the sound of a tinny piano playing in the parlour downstairs, "Mister, I met a man once when I was a kid," it'd always begin. Huh. I guess neither one of our stories is very funny. Tell me, who was it you left me for? Was it Gillian, or were there others in between? Or aren't you the kind that tells?' Shut up, Voice, you fucking idiot! This is serious. I can't ever be serious with you around, can I? 'Sorry, boss.' I've, er ...

I've completely lost my train of thought now! / This Jeff Hodgetts character ... there's more to be said about him. I want to know why he has left Barclays. 'Do a number on him, Mikey.' No. 224? How will that help? 'It can't hurt any. If this man is a mystery, spinning him a-ROUND might make him less of one.' In my experience, man, these conceptual posts of mine just add to the mystery ... / I don't know. Let me have my lunch first. I've got a luxury egg sandwich. 'Nice.' And a Pepsi, crisps, the usual shit ...

...

Oh, I did some recording last night and ... I nearly got the recordings I need, nearly ... I'm getting close.