Wednesday 27 July 2016

Man Group's assets under management have fallen ... a bit

Well, well ... / Oh dear, but, er ... I don't think it's anything to worry about. 'Is it because Manny is leaving?' No, Voice, he doesn't want to return to Primal Scream. 'What?!' Mani is staying with The Stone Roses. They've just released a couple of singles. They're touring. They may even release a new album, so - 'What the fuck are you talking about?! I mean Manny Roman, the boss of Man Group, who's leaving!' Oh, Manny! You mean Manny Roman? No, it's got nothing to do with his leaving. Christ! It's just one of those things, you know. AUM always goes up and down. 'What are the figures then, boss?' Er ... well, the figures are a bit confusing, actually. I've seen $47 billion and $76 billion. 'One of them has to be right.' One of them might be total AUM. 'Oh. And what's the other?' I don't know. It doesn't matter, man. Just forget about it.

My only concern is that there might be an exodus of financial shamans from GLG now. The Man lot are all computer/robot freaks, but GLG is crammed with shamans - as you know, dear reader(s). 'Manny might poach them. Does Pimco or PIMCO(!!!) have a lot of shamans?' I can't remember. I'll have to look through my archive, Voice ... one day when I'm bored and I've got nothing else to do. 'Ha!' Exactly.

Well, well ... / Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it. There is nothing to worry about, is there? 'It's just the way things go sometimes, I suppose.' Yeah. No big deal. It's finance.

...

Anything else? Not really. Music? I'm going to be playing my guitar for the rest of the day. I'm all pumped up about getting some new tunes, you dig? 'I dig it, baby!' I'm not talking to you, idiot.

...

Oh, where's the summer gone? Seriously. Has anybody seen it? 'We've had our two or three days. Be grateful.'

I think the nights are getting darker earlier now ... 'It'll soon be winter.' Don't depress me, man.

I might have to start listening to Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue. 'Always a bad sign.' Yeah.

Let me quote from that review again: "Pacific Ocean Blue is the amusement arcade with the paint peeling, the carnie clown's cracked make-up fading as they pack away their act after another late September weekend of half-full applause and bitter tears. The other side of summer."

It's only July!