Wednesday 13 July 2016

Stewart Cowley has joined Neptune Investment Management!

Wow! That's a blast from the past, ain't it? Whatever happened to Stewart Cowley? 'Ha! Nothing happened to him, boss.' No? 'No. You wrote about him years ago. Then you forgot all about him - for reasons best known to yourself. Now you've just remembered him. Simple!' Okay, Voice, I'll take your word for it that it's as simple as that. Of course, dear reader(s), something sinister could have happened ...

However, it's unlikely. I write about so many people, you know? I can't keep track of them all. 'Yeah, whatever happened to your best friend, Lloyd Blankfein?' Er ... he's still the boss of Goldman Sachs, as far as I know. 'How come you don't talk to him no more? I used to love your conversations.' I don't know, man. It's just one of those things. He's busy, I'm busy ...

Anyway, our Stewart, what is he doing at Neptune? 'Is he there yet?' He'll be there soon, I think. He'll be working as a fixed income consultant and helping Neptune to develop its private wealth business. 'Does it have a private wealth business?' No, not yet. Our Stewart is going to help build it. 'That's great!' Well, it'll keep him off the streets. And Robin Geffen is happy. It will all work out fine, I'm sure.

Good luck, Stewart, mate!

...

Uh, right. Anything else? Music? I'm listening to Lennon Legend. / Tony Robbins and Jordan Belfort both say you need models. I reckon John Lennon might be mine, these days. I mean, I've liked all kinds of guys ... Dylan, Bowie, Prince, Cohen, N. Young, Costello, Clapton, V. Morrison, J. Morrison, Cobain, N. Gallagher, Marley, D. Wilson, 2Pac even!!! ... BUT(!) Lennon is the best fit for me, these days. 'Stop saying "these days", Mikey.' Well, it's true. His songs are great but simple. And I like the maturity of his solo years. I don't want to write lyrics like Dylan or Cohen. [What are they trying to prove? Seriously.] I don't want to pretend to be a spaceman like Bowie. I don't want to be a funky guy writhing on the floor like Prince. 'Ha!' Also, Lennon was the one who got me into music in the first place when I was fourteen or so. So, it's perfect!

...

Oh, one question: Where's the bloody summer? Tell me, please. I'm not going to lose my temper, yet. I just want information.

Ah, laters.