Monday 21 November 2016

Ron Resnick is the chief operating officer now

Yeah, at Robertson Stephens, an investment advisory firm. I don't know how long our Ronnie has been at the firm. Maybe he's just turned up from somewhere else. I really don't know. 'It would be easy to find out, wouldn't it, boss?' Uh, I'll have to join LinkedIn again, Voice. They don't let you see the profiles any more, unless you're signed in. It's a total pain in the arse. How are new people supposed to know what it's like if they can't even see what it's like? 'Eh?' Exactly. That's what I said.

I'm not much in the mood for any of this today, to tell you the truth, dear reader(s). On Mondays, I normally work on a conceptual after lunch and into the night, but ... 'You're not sure today, boss?' I'll see how I feel after my lunch. Sainsbury's have got those long cheese roll things, sometimes. And sometimes not. If they've got one today, it will put me in a good mood and I'll probably write all day. On the other hand, if it's just some horrible thin egg sandwich with a few bits of cress hanging out of it, I might play my guitar instead. / Obviously, you don't want to hear about all this, reader(s). Tough. 'They want to hear more about Ron Resnick.' Christ!

Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie! / Let's see. Let's have a look. There ain't much to say. I mean ...

Mr. Resnick is a 25-year veteran in managing alternative assets platforms. He co-founded CounselWorks LLC, a consulting company providing business strategy and regulatory advice to hedge funds, private equity firms, investment advisors and broker-dealers, which was sold to Duff & Phelps.

'What's that?' That's, er ... a press release thing I found. 'Oh.' Yeah, Ronnie has an impressive history and everyone loves him, but ... 'But?' But ... it's hard to love him this early on a Monday morning in winter. Do you know what I mean? 'Yeah. It ain't easy, Mikey. It's your job though.' Ha! My job! I should be rockin' in the free world, son, with the best of them. 'Have you finished your new demo yet?' Nearly. I still got to record two more songs. I've recorded two, and I'm very pleased with them. It won't be long now.

...

Ah, that's it. Anything else? What am I listening to? I'm listening to Leonard Cohen's Songs From A Room. This is the album I used to play all the time in Cornwall. From an earlier post (2013) -

When I stayed in Cornwall for two months, over twenty years ago, in winter, no work, just living off savings, I had soup every day for lunch. Then I went to the pub in Polperro. I had a couple of ciders and read the paper. Then I went and sat on the bench overlooking the sea, and I ate chocolate limes while listening to Leonard Cohen's Songs From A Room and staring at the mist. 'Two months of that!' Probably the best time of my life.

Soup! Oh, those were the days!