Thursday 19 April 2018

My day, uh, yesterday, and my new discovery!

Okay, okay. Dear reader(s), I didn't feel like blogging on Wednesday morning, so I went into central London to try and buy some new jeans, right? I also thought it might be a nice idea to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts. Ha! Big mistake!

Firstly, I couldn't find the jeans I wanted. Secondly, not finding those jeans threw me into a very bad mood, and I didn't even care about the sunshine then.

However, I did pop into Foyles to have a look at the self-help books. (I mean, you know what I'm like, yeah?) I saw one on the shelf called The Times Ten Rule ... or something like that, by someone I've never heard of, too. I guessed straight away what it was about: massive action. And I was right! I flicked through it for a few minutes. "Oh, another Tony Robbins wannabe." And then I left the store.

But on the Tube going home, still pissed about those jeans, I started thinking about the book, that maybe I should have bought it. £20! A lot of money, really, for something I'm already familiar with. Anyway, I got back, switched on my smartphone, and started looking this guy up, you know, the author. Well, I found some of his rather crazy videos on YouTube, and I thought to myself: oh, interesting! So then I decided to buy one of his books from Google Play, and I downloaded it to my phone. I just went with the one with the title that most appealed to me. But, Christ, man! The cover is bloody awful! It's a picture of the author sitting on the engine of a plane in a state of excitement - I suppose, I don't know. Pretty dodgy! I nearly didn't buy the book. But I'm glad I did.

Now, as you already know, dear reader(s), I'm reading Ashlee Vance's Elon Musk on a loop. Well, that book describes the actions of Musk more than his thoughts and feelings. Which is fine. It's a biography, after all. The thing is, though, this book I bought yesterday - I'm about a third of the way through it - could have been written by Musk himself! With his thoughts, and feelings, you dig? / This is making me think that perhaps I should read both books on a loop at the same time. The impact could be devastating! ... in a good way, obviously.

So, uh ... 'Boss!' What, Voice? 'What is the fucking title of the book you're going on about?! Please!' Ha! Oh, sorry, Voice, reader(s). It's called Be Obsessed Or Be Average. And it's written by Grant Cardone. I definitely recommend it. But be warned: this book is hardcore, and not for everyone. It's certainly not touchy-feely.

Good night!