Wednesday 18 December 2019

Amit and Carlo

They sound like a musical duo from the Seventies ... ? Ha! Well, you're wrong, actually, dear reader(s). They're finance guys.

Keensight Capital, one of the leading private equity managers dedicated to pan-European Growth Buyout investments, announces the appointment of Amit Karna as Senior Director and Carlo Cartapani as Analyst. Amit brings more than 15 years of finance experience across both the USA and Europe, notably in the Healthcare sector, while Carlo has a strong background in Corporate Finance.

Yeah, PR email. / When are they starting? Right before Christmas? 'I reckon they'll start in the new year, boss.' Yes, probably, Voice.

Oh, oh, oh ... 2020 - !!! It's so exciting, kook(s)! I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to it. 'Why? Because of your music?' Yes, obviously. I will become synonymous with the Twenties like The Beatles with the Sixties. 'Oh, is that likely, boss? Come on!' I'm going to make it happen, son. Listen! I will be the greatest ever songwriter at a time when people can hardly write songs at all. That's my personal guarantee. 'Ha! Well, I'm going to hold you to this, boss. I mean, if you're still finance blogging in 2030 ... I'll have a few words for you, believe me.' Ha, ha, ha! If I'm still finance blogging in 2030, I won't be, uh, blogging, because ... I'll be dead in the sea like Bodhi, man. Seriously!

Christ!

Anyway, let's hear about the guys ...

Prior to joining Keensight Capital, Amit spent 10 years in the Investment Banking Division of Goldman Sachs, first in New York and then in London. As part of the Global Healthcare Group, he handled numerous mid & large-cap transactions, across a range of healthcare sectors, including the sale of Sonion to Novo Holdings, Werfen's sale of Bolton Medical to Terumo, the carve-out of a global consumer healthcare portfolio for GlaxoSmithKline, the sale of Carlyle's stake in Medical Park to Turkven, and the sale of Baxter Healthcare's US injectables business to Hikma.

A US citizen, Amit graduated from Bowdoin College with a BA in Biology, holds an MBA from Columbia University in New York, and is a CFA Charterholder.


Fine. But he better keep his hands off the NHS. Just a friendly warning, like. 'You're not going back to your old shamanic days and ways, are you, boss? You were a demon with that razor.' Yeah, yeah. I'm a changed sha/man, Voice.

Carlo began his career in 2016 in the International Affairs team at Cap Digital, a European business cluster for digital transformation. He then joined Eurvad Finance, a boutique specialized in small & mid-cap transactions, as an M&A Analyst.

From Italy, Carlo graduated from ESSEC Business School and holds a bachelor's degree in Economics and Management from the University of Trento.


A business cluster? It could be worse, I suppose. 'Eh? A cluster what?' Exactly! But it doesn't matter. Carlo is at Keensight now.

Well, good luck, guys! I wish you all the best.

...

Anything else? Music? My music? Well, as I've only got one more post to write before taking a week off, I'm going to rehearse a lot with a view to recording this weekend. BUT(!) ... if it doesn't work out, I'm not going to ruin my Christmas. So, it's this weekend or ... early in January. I'll have to change my strings tomorrow night, which is something I've been looking forward to.

I love the sound of fresh guitar strings in the evening! [Or anytime, really.] They sound of victory!

Laters!