Monday 11 September 2023

Actors always recite poems better than the poets who wrote the poems

That's something I've noticed from watching loads of YouTube videos. And it's another thing for me to work on, obviously.

'What do you mean, boss?'

I need to be able to read my own poems the way a great-ish actor would, Voice.

'Oh, okay. Nice one!'

It's not much different from my music. It just means rehearsing without a guitar, that's all. Which should be easier! Do you know what I mean, kooks?

Good.

Nice one, as they say.

'Who says?'

Well, you, and I, and all the other people who say it.

'Nice one!'

Yes. Yes, it is.

Anyway ...

I hope this is the last day of heat because I can't take it no more. My fan broke the other week. I'm defenceless. 

Never mind.

Oh, by the way, forget about that short and medium poem stuff I said a while back. (I'm still developing my ideas.) A short poem is anything up to forty lines as far as I'm concerned. If you want to write a - I'll be discussing all this later in my conceptual, actually - yeah, if you want to write a great traditional poem, remember the golden rule: no more than eighty lines!

I'll probably stick to short poems, and also try for my BIG DOZEN of free verse poems - which could take years, and years, and years, etc.

In most cases, you don't need more than forty lines to say everything you want to say. Especially today. Just don't go on and on and on, you dig? Unless it's a real serious masterpiece you've got on your hands - or on your mind, yes.

Anyway, that Yeats loved the occult, didn't he? Probably explains a lot.

I want to try blank verse soon. I reckon I might like it. A couple of my poems have moments of blankness.

I was having a look at Four Quartets at the weekend, thinking maybe I've been too harsh. I haven't been too harsh, man. It just doesn't have the vitality and excitement of The Waste Land.

Anyway ...

Laters.

'Bye!'