Wednesday 20 September 2023

Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet

Wow! What a film, eh?! Have you seen it, kooks?

I bought it last night - for my phone, like. I've only watched an hour of it so far. Another three hours to go! I think I'll watch it on a loop, actually, because I'm looking for some new motivational material.

And it's giving me ideas now. I started to "rehearse" my poems last night with some real dramatic intensity, you dig? Not the way a poet would normally read their work. And it's made a big difference.

I reckon that Dylan Thomas was the best poet-reader of poems. However, he only read like a poet who had a great voice. I wouldn't say he read like an actor, or ... acted them out. Do you know what I mean? But that's what you've got to do!

Well, no. It takes a lot of nerve, I should imagine. Most poets won't be interested. But, me ... I'm fearless, man, and I don't really care what people think of me, so I'll be acting my poems. Big time. That style of reading suits my poems anyway because they're grand speeches. Crazy stuff!

Jesus H. - !!! I'm going to look pretty alien in this world, but so what? That's how I will get myself into stadiums, son, and daughter. Oh yes. I may have given up music, but I've still got a rock star mindset. I'm not giving that up. No way!

So, yeah, I'm going to watch the film on a loop, while cutting out all other entertainments and influences. 'Ha!' Yeah, yeah ... I've tried it all before, and failed, but I must try again. I must! I need something extreme for this emergency situation I'm in. Do you understand, kooks???

[Oh, you are a kook, aren't you? Come on!]

Now, uh ... hopefully, from next week, there will be no more mention of any of this. 'Ha!' Hopefully. / Can I control myself? Can I control this blog? Sixteen years, Christ! And there's never been any control, has there? I just don't know. But I must try.

I must do it!

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

Laters!

'Bye, drama queens!'

Shut up, Voice.