Tuesday 5 September 2023

Poetry news and views

That's not a bad title, is it?

'You should use that, boss.'

I am using it, Voice ... for this post.

'Oh, okay ... nice one!'

Yeah.

Anyway ...

Listen, kooks, not every phrase you use in your poems can be original or completely original because you can't communicate without a lot of common phrases. Unless you want to be like Dylan Thomas. Questions are hunchbacks to the poker marrow and all the rest of it. Do you know what I mean?

It's just the important phrases you've got to be careful with.

I've got some nice lines for my new poem. I'm making a big effort with this one. I want it to be good enough to win the competition. That doesn't mean it will win. There are too many different factors to consider. Some people say poetry competitions are a bit of a lottery. But I've got to make it good enough ... for my own peace of mind, like. I don't know where I'll be next March.

Anyway ...

It's a mystery where poems come from. You start off writing, thinking to yourself, "Oh, I know what this poem is about" ... and then a few hours later, it's something totally different. A different subject matter. Different ideas, feelings, words. It's crazy, man.

I'm not complaining though. I'm just saying.

Anyway ... 

Oh, I ain't got much else to say.

Laters!

'Write about finance, boss. That will be a surprise.'

No. We had a surprise yesterday.

'That was about jazz.'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS