Friday 26 October 2007

EasyJet buys GB Airways for £103.5 million

EasyJet has just bought GB Airways. It will now be able to compete with British Airways at Gatwick airport. However, EasyJet did not want GB Airways's slots at Heathrow.

Keith Busby says, 'I can't understand why people even use airplanes. If I want to go to New York, I can be there in under a minute - using astral projection. I can travel anywhere in the world and it doesn't cost me a penny.'

I also use astral projection to get around the world, but there are problems with this mode of travel. The main problem is that you can't take your body with you. Have you ever tried to book into a hotel without a body? It's bloody difficult. Have you ever eaten food in a restaurant without your body being present? You leave an awful mess behind. I think airplanes are going to be with us for a long time to come.