Thursday 22 January 2009

John Thain has left Bank of America!

Yeah. Resigned? Sacked? Apparently, Ken Lewis - the chief executive of BofA - didn't want him around any more. I'm shocked. Or maybe not.

This is what Ken told me on the phone about half an hour ago: 'Mikey, we had to let him go. We wanted someone mystical like Bob Diamond, and for a short time we thought John was the man for us. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. The fact that John was a Native American chief in a past life is great, but in this life, well, what can I say, he ain't no mystic. Do you know what I mean? I thought he was going to lead us into the desert. I thought he was going to burn with money for us. But it wasn't to be. By the way, Michael, are you available?'

No, no, no. I'm fine as I am. I'm not working for Bank of America. Sorry, Ken.