Tuesday 20 January 2009

Patrick Evershed: legal action against New Star

Patrick Evershed - who was dismissed by New Star Asset Management last year - is now taking legal action (at an employment tribunal) against the firm. He says he was bullied, and is claiming constructive dismissal.

My dear friend Keith Busby has personal experience of bullying in the workplace. I spoke to him earlier this morning, and he said, 'Yeah, I can sympathize with Paddy. Many years ago when I worked at Lehman Brothers, I was a terrible bully, but I regret it now. I was always criticizing people. And taking the piss out of the colour of their auras. Screwing around with their chakras. I was a real devil. I even put a curse on one guy. He lost all his hair, and his job, his home, his marriage, his soul. I was a nasty piece of work. But then I found religion. Mystical capitalism saved me. No one knows the troubles I've seen.'

Well, I had no idea Keith had once worked at Lehman Brothers. You learn something new every day, don't you?