Wednesday 21 January 2009

Pendragon Capital is moving its hedge fund over to GLG Partners

Yeah. Pendragon is quite a small hedge fund, and this move makes sense. This is a bad time to be a small hedge fund. Investors do not want to take any risks.

I have been speaking to Arthur Simmons about the move, and he said, 'I'm concerned about this deal. Will they be going into the desert to bless the deal in a mystical ceremony? I'm talking about Kaveh Sheibani and Manny Roman. We all know these are difficult times, and I really think that Big Herb, Ganesh the elephant god, and the ghosts of the dead financiers should all be involved - just to make sure everything runs smoothly. Of course, a top shaman will have to be present as well. (Hey, not me, Arthur. I've got a lot on at the moment.) Well, I'll do it then. I don't mind. Someone's got to be the bridge between this world and the next. You know what Manny's like. Can you imagine him trying to invoke the spirits of the dead masters, not to mention the money gods? It ain't gonna happen. He'll just make a hash of it. I'll take a bit of time out from my college. I don't care. It will be worth it just to make sure the job is done properly.'

Well, that was Arthur earlier this morning. Only one problem: neither Kaveh (Pendragon) nor Manny (GLG) has been approached yet about the need for such a ceremony. Watch this space.