Thursday 12 September 2013

Who is Charles Payson Coleman III?

I'll tell you who he is. He's Chase Coleman! 'Who the hell is Chase Coleman, Mikey?!' Voice, Chase Coleman is some guy who's got this hedge fund called Tyger Global Management, which he named after the William Blake poem. 'Fantastic!' Yeah, man. And he's launching a new billion dollar fund soon. Some long only shit. 'Brilliant!' Yeah, man. / 'Why does he call himself "Chase", boss?' Well ... when he was at boarding school he used to get all the boys to chase him, and the name just stuck. 'I see.' He's married now though - to a nice girl called Stephanie. 'All's well that ends well, eh?' Yes, Voice, that's the way I'm looking at it.

_________________________


Ah, that's enough finance. I don't want to overdo it. I've been taking it easy this week, but I'll get some posts done today and tomorrow. / I'll be working on a conceptual after lunch, non-financial. It's hard to get out of yourself with the financial ones. 'They drag you back to cold reality, don't they?' They certainly do. / No. 36 was (and still is) a good one for getting out of it. 'The firestorm one?' Yeah, man.

I'm listening to The Doobie Brothers, for my sins. They have a few good songs, I suppose. / I went to the pub yesterday, down by the river. Then I was walking down the road and Rula Lenska smiled at me. I'm a friend to all the stars, you know. The last time I saw her, she was playing a Russian colonel or something in Minder.