Thursday 3 October 2013

Aviva has sold one of its arms

Or someone at Aviva has sold one of his arms. I don't know. It's a bit confusing. / 'Mikey, Aviva has sold one of its American arms for £1.7 billion.' Does it have any American arms, Voice? 'I suppose so. Two, I suppose. Well, it had two.' / No, it doesn't make sense. A one-armed Aviva? That's crazy! 'Oh, hang on, I remember, it's a wicker man, man.' What is? 'Do you remember when Justin and Jerry did a runner from Aviva Investors? Back in June, I think.' Justin Onuekwusi and Jerry Brewin? 'Yeah. Well, Aviva was pissed about it, so I heard that the firm was planning to burn Justin and Jerry in a wicker man.' To teach them a lesson, like? 'Yeah. But they went off the idea. They thought it might attract too much negative publicity.' Okay. 'However, they had already built the bloody wicker man, hadn't they?' Oh, I see. 'They've had a lot of trouble trying to get rid of it, so, obviously, they're selling it off now, a bit at a time.' But £1.7 billion for an arm? One arm?! Are you sure, Voice? 'It sounds expensive, Mikey, I know, but the Americans like that sort of thing. It's not actually an American arm. They've sold the arm to some Americans. In Bermuda. Maybe. Oh, I don't know, boss. It's Athene, anyway, a life insurance company.' Ha! Some people have got more money than sense.