Wednesday 16 October 2013

Neil Woodford is leaving Invesco Perpetual!

Leaving next April. Wow! / My old student - I remember the desert ..., etc - Neil Woodford is going to set up his own fund management firm. 'Brilliant!' Yes, it's great news. I'm so proud of him. I don't care if he calls himself "Sir Neil" these days, with that fucking CBE of his. 'I thought he was calling himself "Screaming Lord Woodford", boss?' It doesn't matter what he's calling himself, Voice. He has delusions of grandeur - so what? After all his success, he could call himself Field Marshal Neil Woodford, 1st Viscount Woodford of Henley-on-Thames, VC, DSO, MC, president for life. Nobody would care. Everyone's happy for him.

But what will happen to Invesco Perpetual now? Well ... / Mark Barnett is taking over Neil's funds. I've never heard of the guy. 'You'll have to do some investigating, Mikey.' Oh, if I can be bothered, Voice. And if I've got the time. Why don't you investigate this Barnett, man? You're supposed to be my intern, ain't cha? I've got a lot on at the moment, with my music. 'Haven't you recorded those bloody songs yet?!' No. My guitar playing isn't good enough. So, there's a lot more work to be done. I probably won't be ready until after Christmas.

No, I can't be bothered with Mark. I really don't have the time. As you get older you realize that time is the most precious thing. I remember the days when I would wander around the park ... 'Eating an ice cream?' Yeah. 'Last month, wasn't it?' No. Shut up. / Because I had all the time in the world.

_________________________


I'll be working on a conceptual after lunch, No. 160. / No recording today. I might squeeze in a bit of guitar practice.