Tuesday 14 January 2014

Aviva Investors has millions for "compensation" for "breaches" ... but not a penny for me!

Oh, lovely. It's nice to know who your friends are, ain't it? / 'What's the problem, boss?' Voice, I missed this. The news was sneaked out by sneaky journalist bastards on Christmas Eve. 'They're something, those journalists, eh? Real pieces of work!' Yeah, I know. / But, anyway, Aviva Investors has put £92 million aside as possible compensation for anyone who wants it (customers, I suppose) just because two of their former traders breached some absurd trading policy. Some nonsense about gilt trades. 'Oh, right. And meanwhile there's you, who ain't got a pot to piss in, man, who could actually do with the money, you don't get a fucking penny out of these slags, even though -' Yeah, I know, even though, Voice, I've been a good friend to them for ages now. 'More than a friend, Mikey. You've been a spiritual leader, a shaman. And you haven't charged for this service.' Oh, but I will, man! I'm preparing an invoice. I reckon £2 million should cover it. They'll still have £90 million for the bullshit compensation. 'Good. You're doing the right thing. There ain't no friends in this business, man.' I'm starting to learn that.

_________________________


If that's the way they want to play it ... What do I care? I'll get my money. / I'm just too soft. I let people get away with murder.

Oh, forget about it. I've got to clear my mind. I'm all upset now. And I was hoping to work on Gilly, Gilly later.

Thank God I've got my music! / Finance, eh? Christ. One day, all this will be a bad memory. Maybe not even that. I've got to stay positive. / I'll contemplate my egg sandwich - the eating of it, I mean. 'That's something to look forward to, Mikey.' Yeah.

I didn't get any crisps.