Monday 22 February 2016

The Goldman Sachs Hedge Fund VIP ETF

Oh, this is a good idea. 'What is?' Why don't more people do it? 'Do what?' Listen! The ETF thing. Basically, Goldman is going to be standing on the shoulders of giants by tracking the top picks of top hedge fund managers. 'Oh.' So there's no work involved. You just have to copy the best work of others. 'Ha!' If I've got that right ...

Er ... I've probably got it all wrong. 'Probably.' Never mind. I think it's right. I mean, I believe it's right, you dig? I'm going with my gut instinct on this one. 'Maybe you should read more about it, boss?' Read more about what, Voice? 'The fund, man. This new VIP fund.' Are you joking? There's no need, man. Very Important Positions. That's all we need to know. It's actually quite simple.

Obviously, a few other firms do, do, do, do, do ... this. 'Eh?' But why doesn't everyone do it? 'Because if everyone did it, boss, there would no one left to be ripped off. I mean, copied.' Yeah, I suppose.

...

Well, well ... / It's Monday morning again, and I have no desire to become a robot. So we should leave it there, all the wretched finance, okay? 'What are you going on about now?' That film on TV last night. The World's End with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. It's not a great film or anything, but it's very entertaining and has a good message. 'What's the message, boss?' The message? Well, it's similar to Erich Fromm's The Fear of Freedom. That people become robots when they're older. They lose the wildness and spontaneity of youth. 'Well, that's natural, Mikey.' Er ... it happens, Voice. It happens a lot. But it ain't fucking natural, son. / And that's why I'm going to stay rockin' in the free world. I don't give a shit! I'll never give in! 'Playing your guitar? Today?! Aren't you going to be writing a conceptual?' Yes, all right, I'll be spinnin' in the free world then. Whatever. Christ! Leave me alone, man!

Anything else? Oh, you want more? 'Some people are never satisfied.' I ain't got no more for you. / Laters ...