Wednesday 22 February 2017

WMA MiFID II conference 2017

Right. The thing is, I've only received ONE(!!!) PR email in the last three days, and it's a reminder for a conference that I've already had two or three times.

Tuesday 28th February 2017, 9:00-15:40

Now that the FCA has published the results of their fourth consultation on MiFID II, attention turns squarely towards implementation.

Please let us know if you would like to join the Wealth Management Association as they gather industry experts, practitioners and regulatory advisers for a day of insights at their MiFID II Conference.

Key issues will include Transaction Reporting, Product Governance, Best Execution and Costs & Charges.

Venue: St. Paul, 200 Aldersgate, London EC1A 4HD

If you would like to secure your place, please do reply to this email. You can find an agenda here.

Places are limited and admission is strictly to those on the press list, so please RSVP to this email if you would like to attend.


Melissa, love, I would love to attend, but I'm busy then. I'm sorry, but - 'Boss! Stop making excuses. You don't want to go to this conference, do you?' Well, not really. I mean, I've got nothing against it. I'm sure everyone will have a lovely time, but it's not for me, you know? 'It's not your cup of tea, boss.' No.

Oh, I feel bad now. I feel like I'm letting everyone down. Ian Cornwall will be there, and Mark Sherwin, and David Bryden, and Giulia Lupato, and Simon Appleton, and Zach Johnson, and Andy Thompson, and Mike Williams, and - 'Who are these people?' I have absolutely no idea, Voice. 'I thought they might be your friends.' Ha! No. 'They could be, if you turned up.' No. I'm not going.

Maybe in the next life, reader(s), you dig?

...

Okay. Anything else? Music? Well, I walked around central London yesterday and saw a few buskers who were really brilliant at playing guitar. I mean, they had ability far beyond Noel Gallagher, and Kurt Cobain, and Bob Dylan, and John Lennon, and Elvis Costello, and Bob Marley, and Ray Davies, and Neil Young, and Van Morrison, and Paul McCartney, and Keith Richards, and David Bowie, and Bruce Springsteen, and Lou Reed, and - 'Are you going to mention every pop star ever, Mikey?' Christ! The point I'm making, Voice, is ... [drum roll] ... it's a mug's game taking your skills beyond a certain point. 'Oh.' Unless you have endless amounts of time on your hands or something. 'Unless you have a real hard-on for playing the guitar.' Well, yeah. It's much better to concentrate on songwriting. It's songs that matter, man.

Laters.