Tuesday 6 November 2018

Someone has given money to a unicorn

Or a robot. I think. Uh. I don't know. I don't know what the hell is going on! 'What's going on, boss?!' I don't know, Voice. Open your ears! Or your eyes! 'Ha! I ain't got no ears! Or eyes!' Christ! Stop with the bullshit, will you? You've got astral ears. You've got astral eyes. 'Of course.' Well, use those. Unbelievable! / I can't get the staff, dear reader(s). Anyway ...

Reston, Va. - November 5, 2018 - ScienceLogic, a leader in context-infused Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps), announced today that it has secured $25 million in growth financing from Square 1 Bank, a division of Pacific Western Bank. Proceeds from the credit facility, which are currently untapped, will be used to support ScienceLogic's continued growth and global expansion.

Er ... 'No mention of any unicorn, boss.' Well, that was in the title of the PR email. Look! -

The Next Unicorn? ScienceLogic Surpasses $100 Million in Capital Investment with $25 Million in Growth Financing from Square 1 Bank.

You see? So ... 'Yeah, it's, uh ... referring to some future, potential unicorn, I think.' Eh? How can it be a potential unicorn?! 'Maybe it's a nice looking horse at the moment that would look good ... with a horn on its head, like.' And what about the wings? 'Ha! You're thinking of Pegasus, son.' Am I? 'Yeah. He was always flying about.' For fuck's sake! Why do they send me emails like this? Why can't they keep it simple? 'And we haven't even got to the robot yet.' Oh, fuck the robot! I don't even think there is a robot, man.

Actually, let's just finish this, with a quote from Patrick McCoy -

"This new flexible line of credit from Square 1 supports ScienceLogic's current initiatives of global expansion, ongoing product development, and continued growth into new market segments," said Patrick McCoy, Chief Financial Officer for ScienceLogic. "We're coming off our most successful quarter in the history of our company, now cash flow positive and debt free. This increase in our credit line further ensures ScienceLogic will be more agile with future growth opportunities. Our relationship with Square 1is key in accelerating our success and provides the fiscal flexibility to more rapidly expand our business and service to our growing number of customers around the globe."

Yeah, yeah. Okay, thanks, Pat. Good luck with it!

...

Right. Anything else, blog fan(s)? Music? I'm reading that Dylan Jones book again, you know, about David Bowie. Oh, I don't normally like those oral history books, but this is the best book I've read about Bowie. And I'm finding it quite inspirational and motivational as well. Obviously, the 70s period is the most interesting part. I find it a bit irritating later on in the book when various no-marks seem to be putting Bowie down for his admittedly inferior later work, but it's like they've forgotten all about the run of albums from Hunky Dory to Scary Monsters. That's why popular culture can be dangerous, man. The lesson I take from this is ... you can never relax or lower your standards. Not for one second! You dig?

[By the way, the Let's Dance album is just as good as Young Americans, so you could extend the run to that album in 1983. Also, I reckon Absolute Beginners from 1986 is Bowie's best song. (5.37 version, not remix or radio edit.)]

Okay. Laters!