Sunday 17 February 2019

Do the spider!

Come on, kook(s)! Do the spider! Yes, yes, yes! It's a new dance I've invented. Actually, no, no, no. That's a lie.

Obviously, I'm talking about the spider exercise on the guitar. As I've said before, it's an important thing to do if you want to improve your playing. Unfortunately, I can't help you with your golf.

Why am I writing today, a Sunday? Well, I was going to try recording tonight. However, I've gone off that idea now. So, I'll write this post, and a conceptual tomorrow, and then ... hopefully, I'll have tomorrow night free for recording.

I'm a bit depressed today ... / I listen to THIS(!!!) when I'm depressed. [Oh, uh ... if you're reading this post at a much later date, it's gone, man. I mean, like removed, you dig?] It's me improvising lead guitar to a blues backing track, a couple of years ago. I think it's the best playing I've done so far, and it cheers me up. I can play, after all.

These days though ... just rhythm, man. The spider stuff is making my hand stronger to hold the chords down properly.

B.B. King couldn't play chords at all, or so he reckoned. He was a great lead guitarist.

Prince was great at lead and rhythm. But I never saw him do any fingerpicking. That's okay. He wasn't a folk square, was he?

Oh, I'm not having a pop at Leonard Cohen! I love his music. I don't listen to it too much no more. Why? I need to control my moods, that's why. / Sorry, Lenny, wherever you are.

I'm making progress with my moods, definitely. The Vance/Musk audiobook is working wonders.

My anxiety is low down, down, down. [Depression is rare.] Optimism is high!

I've got some new earphones for my Zoom Handy. Lucky You and Round the Bend sound much better now. Those are two recordings I'm very proud of. I've got to get my BIG SONGS up to the same level. They're longer, but also more difficult to play.

Well, well ...

I'm really not in the mood for writing about finance, dear reader(s). You will have to wait until Tuesday. Ha! I'm sure you're not bothered, anyway. It's not as if I'm Reuters or Bloomberg, for Christ's sake! Do you know what I mean?

Okay, okay. Let's put some music on ... ? ... NO! / Because I'm not firing on all four cylinders today, I'm going to break my golden rule and put the TV on early. There's a Peter Sellers film on, A Shot in the Dark. / His best film, I reckon, is Being There, about an idiot who is being groomed to be President of the United States. So, uh ...

Laters!