Thursday 28 February 2019

No surprise

Yeah, no surprise, that, uh ... I'm writing about music again, and playing a few tunes. And maybe there'll be a bit of general chat, too. Who knows, or cares?

Actually, I did receive a PR email. It looks interesting. I might save it for Monday. 'It'll be old news by then, boss.' But my sarcastic comments will be fresh, Voice. People don't come here for news. 'Oh. What do they come for?' They come for the rock, the roll, and the funk. 'Ha!' And the romance, obviously. Because I'm feeling all romantic at the moment, dear reader(s), with that Stella song of mine. I'm going to try and make it the greatest ever love song. 'Yeah. A song about lager.' It's not a song about lager, you idiot! 'Okay.' I hardly drink these days, anyway.

...

NOW, should I put my four best songs on the new demo?

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
Malibu
Stella

I don't know.

I've been rehearsing them in that order recently, without the lyrics for Stella. I'll tell you the truth: I wouldn't trade one of those songs for any song by The Beatles, Dylan, Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Oasis ... anybody!

So, forget about the 2016 demo, kook(s), if you heard it. That was just me warming up. 'And you're on fire now, Mikey!' Fuckin' A, Voice!

...

Okay, okay. Let's put some tunes on!

She's My Best Friend. Lou Reed. / Yes, Lou could be a lovely romantic guy when he wanted to be. 'He's singing about someone getting their feet cut off and rolling in the street.' Ha! Old habits die hard, Voice. It's Lou, remember.

...

And, uh ... that's it. 'One song?!' I'm not in the mood for listening to music, man.

I just want to be quiet this afternoon.

I'm having a pizza tonight.

I'm hoping to finish Stella by Sunday.

Oh, I'm still rehearsing, yes. All the time, all the time.

I'll need to change my strings again at some point.

When will I be recording next? I don't know.

...

Paradigm shifting? Yeah, I'm still doing it, the Vance/Musk audiobook. Big time! But I need to be more hard-driving, and more focused on results. I know our Elon often has delays in his projects, but he would have managed to finish the demo by now.

...

Okay, okay. One more song to finish with! Mack the Knife. Bobby Darin. / I used to think this was the greatest ever song. I still love it. However, now I'd say that Noel Gallagher's Live Forever is the greatest song by anyone ... who isn't Michael Fowke. / Ah, it's all subjective. Don't get upset.

Well, have a nice weekend, alligator(s)! 'Bye!' Yeah, laters!