Thursday 7 February 2019

They didn't invite me!!!

I'm speechless! I can't believe it! Can you believe it, dear reader(s)? It's an absolute disgrace! 'What's this, boss?' I didn't get an invite, Voice. They sent me a bloody PR email, telling me about the event, but apparently, uh ... I'm not good enough to get an invite. Can you believe it? 'What event? Where?' Jesus H. - !!! How many things do I get invited to, Voice? 'Er ...' Tell me! 'I don't know.' Yes you do. How many? Come on. 'Loads.' Exactly! Loads! I'm always getting invitations. 'And you never accept any of them.' Pardon? 'Boss, you've never been to one of these events.' Ha, ha! I'm a busy man, man. I can't just jump on a plane to Barcelona, or San Francisco, or wherever. 'Okay. Well, where's this one?' Here -

EISA to open 25th-anniversary celebrations at House of Lords

Enterprise Investment Scheme Association to host Chairman's Annual Reception in Westminster on 7th February 

Lord Howard Flight to be joined by guest speaker Loyd Grossman CBE


You see? I could be there in half an hour. 'Yeah.' And look at this!!! -

Hi Michael,

I hope you are well. Do let me know if this would be of interest to you.


Oh, oh ... any interest to me?! Are they serious? They want me to write about it, but they don't want me anywhere near the place. 'Why do you want to go to the House of Lords?' Ha! I don't want to go, Voice. I wouldn't go if they paid me. Honestly. 'So why are you getting upset then?!' BECAUSE(!!!) ... they didn't invite me, that's why! I mean, what am I, some kind of social leper now?! / Look at this! -

This year's annual EISA Chairman's Reception and presentation of the 2018 EISA Awards is taking place on Thursday 7th February 2019 at The House of Lords. The event will bring investors, business leaders and entrepreneurs together to celebrate the work of EISA in promoting the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme and Enterprise Investment Scheme. This year, the scheme celebrates 25 years since EIS's inception.

Tonight! As I'm writing this! 'But you would hate it.' I know I would! But I could be there now, in person, really hating it. Hardcore, you dig? Not that I would go. / And Mark's loving it, of course ...

Mark Brownridge, Director General of EISA commented, "We are thrilled to be hosted, once again, at the House of Lords to celebrate our first event in the 25th year of EIS. We are honoured to have Loyd Grossman CBE in attendance and we hope to bring together the success stories from the last quarter of the century. The awards and nominees display the best of EIS, and we would like to thank our judges and sponsors for supporting this years' EISA awards."

Oh, he's thrilled. Ain't that sweet? / And, Christ! The nerve of these guys! Look! -

If you require any more information or images after the event, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Er ... no thank you, Kestell, mate. / I'm literally spitting blood, dear reader(s).

...

Right. I need to calm down a bit. 'Put some music on, Mikey.' Yes, I'll put some music on.

Okay, okay. Let's have Dance Hall Days on repeat. 'Oh, not again!' It's all I want to listen to, son.

Thank God it's the last post of the week! I'm worn out, kook(s). 'No wonder. You walked to Richmond and back this afternoon.' Yes, I did. Eight miles high, Voice. But that's physical activity. This blog wears me out mentally/spiritually. My mind/soul feels wrecked.

Okay, Okay. Let's have All the Young Dudes by World Party.

My music? This weekend? I will try recording my demo again, pop fan(s). I'm leaving Malibu out now. So I need This World Don't Mean a Thing and Nothing ... to go with the already-recorded Round the Bend and Lucky You. / I'm thinking the problem may be lack of concentration and will, rather than lack of skill. [Nice rhyme!] I should be able to play them after all the practice I've done. As big as these songs are, they're not Beethoven's Ninth. Do you know what I mean?

Okay. I'm putting Bowie's Station to Station on, the whole album.

Anyway, later(s), alligator(s)! 'Bye!' Yeah, bye.