Thursday 27 June 2019

European fund flows, and music

Not set to music. Just fund flows, and I'm playing some music. For the last post of the week, like. I'm worn out, actually.

Yeah, it's report highlights from the Lipper team at Refinitiv.

May 2019 was the thirteenth consecutive month with net outflows from long-term mutual funds after 16 consecutive months with net inflows.

Okay. Don't Let It Bring You Down. It's a song. Neil Young. I'm not referring to the funds.

The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe amounted to net outflows of €12.7 bn for May.

Bond funds (+€5.0 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for May.
Bond USD (+€3.4 bn) was the best-selling sector among long-term funds for May.
When You Dance I Can Really Love.
Ireland (+8.2 bn) - driven by money market products (+€7.1 bn) - was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by the U.K. (+€4.5 bn) and Switzerland (+€0.6 bn).

PIMCO was the best-selling fund promoter for May overall, with net sales of €3.8 bn, ahead of Morgan Stanley (+€3.5 bn) and Vanguard Group (+€2.6 bn).


If You Could Read My Mind. Uh ... Gordon Lightfoot. Melancholic as fuck, frankly. No, not the fund news.

The ten best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share-class level total net inflows of €12.3 bn for May.

A Gift. Lou Reed.

Actiam (L) Sustainable Euro Fixed Income Fund Z EUR (+€2.9 bn) was the best selling individual long-term fund for May.

Invisible Sun. The Police.

Apollo ... ? What do you think?!

...

Well, well ... / Listen! I've been thinking about my old Ophelia song that I put in that temporary post at the weekend. [Oh, you missed it?] I don't like the singing. I'm not crazy about the words. However, I really like the music AND - !!! ... the recording of that music, you dig? / I mean, it was done with a professional session musician in his studio in 1990. Now, uh ... I'm just going to record with my acoustic guitar at home. I think that's okay though. Don't you?

Oh, by the way, here's a video of Tanita Tikaram on Top of the Pops from 1988. It was on BBC Four the other week. Well, the bass guy and the keyboard guy both played on my very first demo from around the same time. I had a song called Strings of Thought. December, 1987. I recorded three of my other songs with them in early 1988. / It feels strange watching these two guys and remembering BECAUSE - !!! ... it was bloody years ago, man! I was eighteen! Do you know what I mean? I hope so.

Where does the time go?

Later(s), kook(s)!