Wednesday 10 January 2024

Canada is the best place in the world

Ha, ha, ha! I don't believe that. I mean -

'For sustainable investments.'

What, Voice?

'Canada is the best place in the world for sustainable investments.'

Who says?!

'They do.'

Who do?!

'Uh ... the people who sent you the email, boss. Come on.'

All right.

Just checking if you're awake, Voice.

'Yeah, yeah.'

Anyway ...

As the world gathers at COP28 with fast-tracking -

'Boss!'

What?!

'When did your receive this email?'

A while ago.

Can I continue?

'Yes.'

Thank you.

As the world gathers at COP28 with fast-tracking the energy transition high on the agenda, Canada is making the case to global investors that it is the best place in the world for sustainable investment.

Enter Laurel ...

"The transition to sustainable energy sources is essential to combat climate change. The private sector has a pivotal role to play in the way we produce and use energy," says Laurel Broten, CEO, Invest in Canada. "Canada is already attracting numerous transformative investments in clean energy transition, and there are unparalleled opportunities for global companies to make sustainable long-term investments."

Okay, thanks, Laurel.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

I'm not in the mood. I mean, there was more of it, the email. That idiot put me off though.

'Ha! Don't let Laurel hear you say that.'

You're the idiot, Voice!

'Oh, what have I done?!'

Just leave me alone, Voice. Please. I'm not in the mood.

Uh.

Has he gone?

'Who?'

You!

'No, I'm still here, mate.'

What do you want?

'I see you have another email from Detlef and the gang.'

Yeah.

'Is it another Lucky PDF?'

I haven't looked at it, but probably. I'll do it next week.

'What are you doing now?'

This!

'But it's the ENDS.'

I'm still writing, ain't I? It ain't the ENDS, son, until I stop writing.

'All right, laters, then.'

Yeah, bye.

Ha!

Some peace and quiet, at last. No Voice. No Lucky.

And it's not the ENDS, not yet.

Anyway, kooks ...

I've been thinking: if I become a "new" poet with a few poems published here and there ... it will be a strange thing because I'll have over a thousand conceptuals lurking behind those poems. Do you know what I mean? Plus all the poetic prose in this blog. A lot of words, words, words.

It's going to be difficult though ... without being settled in the Land of the Owlman. I know I talk a good game about writing them on the beaches! And writing them on the cliffs! I will never ... !

Uh.

BUT(!) ... it would be so much easier in a nice room with some tea and crumpets.

Do you know what I mean?

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

Is it the ENDS???

I don't know.

Sometimes I hate to stop.

What are you supposed to do with yourself when you stop?

It's horrible, really.

Never mind.

I suppose I