Monday 26 February 2024

Is your coin stable?

Well, I don't know. I -

'Boss, look in your coin jar!'

What about my coin jar, Voice?

'All the coins in there ... perfectly stable. What are you worried about?'

I'm not worried. It's just ... this PR email -

Hi Michael

As the FCA's consultation on stablecoins comes to a close today, Chor Teh, Director, Director Financial Crime Compliance at Moody's Analytics provides expert commentary on the expected outcomes:

Director, Director?

Look, I don't see how it affects my coin jar. Why are you sending me this???

Chor Teh, Director, Director Financial Crime Compliance at Moody's Analytics comments:

"Stablecoins are here to stay, but just how stable are they? In line with crypto's increasing adoption, regulators are examining the best way to de-risk a historically volatile space."

Oh, God. It's about crypto.

'I knew it!'

Well, if you knew, Voice, why didn't you say anything?

'I wanted it to be a surprise for you.'

Yeah, right.

Anyway ...

"The FCA's consultation looks like one of the first steps for doing so, with the regulator seeking to draft legislation for stablecoins before moving on to a wider range of crypto assets. What's interesting about the consultation is the number of participants the FCA has suggested it's suitable for. Outside of crypto firms, the FCA wants insights from consumer groups and retailers who may consider using stablecoins as an alternative form of payment." 

Uh.

"2024 will be a year when crypto becomes increasingly professionalised and used more frequently in everyday financial transactions. Whatever the outcome of the consultation, those within organisations responsible for due diligence and de-risking will need to automate real-time and comprehensive data checks into their KYC workflows, to best prepare for adherence to any new regulation and meet the growing demands to assess crypto risks."

Well, I won't be using any crypto.

'What happened to Mikeycoin, boss?'

Shut up, idiot.

Best,

Laura

All right, thanks, Laura.

And pass on my thanks to Duran, Duran.

'Director, Director.'

Whatever.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

Anything else, kooks?

There's an Ed Mylett video on YouTube about "2 Simple Things" which is very, very, very motivational, and it ties in nicely with those twenty minutes of The Battle of Gaugamela from the Alexander film. (If you've got the right version of the film. I'm talking about Alexander Revisited: The Final Cut.)

'Provide a link to the Ed Mylett video then.'

I can't.

'Why not?'

I'm not allowed to watch YouTube videos any more. Not even for a second.

'Who says?!'

I do. It's a part of my fresh start, Voice. I'm only allowed to watch The Battle of Gaugamela.

No videos, no films, no TV, no listening to music, no reading books. I'm allowed to read poetry though.

'Yeah, yeah. How long will this last, Mikey?'

Until the end.

'Yeah, yeah.'

Shut up.

Anyway, kooks, you can find that video yourself on YouTube.

Laters.

'Bye!'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

Zeus be with us!