Monday 5 February 2024

I'm not sure I have the discipline anymore to keep writing about finance

If it is discipline ...

I mean ...

'Don't you have any PR emails, boss?'

Plenty, Voice.

'Well, why on earth don't you cover one, then? Do it now.'

Tomorrow, Voice.

'Tomorrow?!'

Yes, tomorrow.

'So what are you doing now?'

This. Just this.

'And what is this, exactly?'

Christ! It's just words, ain't it? Why are you being so awkward this morning? Don't you realize it's Monday? Don't you realize it's winter?

'Ah, yes. A Monday morning in winter. That's grim.'

Of course it is! Monday mornings in winter should be against the law. Where's the summer we were promised?

'It's coming. Slowly.'

And when it comes -

'It will be too hot. And you'll be rolling on the floor, howling for ice.'

Ha!

Ha, ha, ha!

'Ha!'

Who cares, anyway?

'It doesn't matter.'

Nothing matters.

Oh dear.

I don't know where they get the enthusiasm from.

'Who?'

Everyone.

'Oh ... those guys.'

Yeah.

It's absolutely bizarre.

'You won't change them, boss.'

I'm not trying to change them. Let them do what they want. They'll learn. Or maybe they won't.

Just keep them away from me - !!!

'Who are you talking to?'

The cosmos.

'I'm an agent of the cosmos.'

Yes, Voice, I know.

'I can't keep them away from you. That's above my pay grade.'

Yeah, I know.

Never mind.

Let's look on the bright side ...

The time has passed, and another post has been written - almost.

'Are you writing more?'

I was hoping to.

'Why?'

I don't know.

'ENDS it here.'

No! There must be something else I can say.

'Like what?'

Er ...

'Come on! ENDS it here!'

No!

'Come on, Mikey. Be sensible.'

All right.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS