Monday 12 September 2011

I'm just mad about Zafferano Capital

Zafferano Capital's mad about me. Electrical banana is bound to be the very next phase. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Zafferano Capital is - or will be - a new emerging markets alternative investments firm, run by John Macfarlane and Nigel Whittaker, who are both leaving Tudor Investment Corp..

_________________________


Right, that's enough. The electrical banana will have to wait. I'm making my fresh start today. Oh, I know I wasn't going to mention it again, but I'm confident it will work out this time. I have a new approach! (Thank you, Mr Robbins. I've modified it a bit.) A good psychological trick is to "use" someone you can model yourself on. My mistake the other week was to choose Bill Gates, which was as big a mistake as using my hero, Picasso, on other occasions. Why was it a mistake? Because I don't come from the same background as him. Now, this is going to seem rather bizarre, but I actually believe Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsay will be better "models". 'Two chefs?!' Bear with me. Just hear me out, for Christ's sake! They're from similar backgrounds, to each other and me. You see? Humble beginnings. And it was through an insane work ethic that they escaped their backgrounds. This makes far more sense than focusing on Gates, who came from a very wealthy family and went to private school and Harvard. And, yes, I know that White and Ramsay are flawed characters, but I'm one myself. So it's perfect. Before you act, you need to believe, no, actually know, that what you want to achieve is possible. And you need to know how to achieve it.

To be honest, I don't think I've been too lazy in my life. (Over 400,000 words in five years, compared to Rimbaud's 50,000 or so in five years; and I've managed to surpass him with important works such as The immortal words of a mortal man. And please consider that not even Rimbaud created a new form of literature. He merely revolutionized an old form. And if you don't agree with me: fuck you! Much-loved regular reader or not. Oxbridge c**t or not. I'm the expert here.) It's just that I've suffered from depression, and a sense of futility - which isn't necessarily connected to it. However, hard work can cure depression, or at least hide it.

Of course, dear reader, you won't notice a great deal of change at Money is the way. My blogging will go on much the same as before (but with The Three Cs). It's the songwriting I need to get to grips with.

I'd love to write a great pop song like Maybe I Know, recorded by Lesley Gore, and written by Jeff Barry and Ellie Greenwich. It is pure pop genius.