Monday 5 September 2011

SEC charges Clay Capital with insider trading

The SEC has been complaining again. This time it's upset about James Turner and his hedge fund: 'On August 31, 2011, the Securities and Exchange Commission charged James F. Turner II and his New Jersey-based hedge fund firm Clay Capital Management, LLC with engaging in an insider trading scheme that involved the securities of three companies - Moldflow Corporation, Autodesk, Inc. and Salesforce.com, Inc. The SEC also charged Turner's brother-in-law Scott A. Vollmar, Turner's friend Scott A. Robarge and Vollmar's neighbor Mark A. Durbin for their roles in the scheme. In total, the scheme generated illicit gains of nearly $3.9 million.' More, than is healthy.

_________________________


And I haven't got anything to say about it. I'm in London, England. Why should I care what they get up to in goddamn New Jersey? Yes, I know I'm supposed to be the world's foremost financial shaman, but sometimes I don't feel like a shaman at all.

My "fresh start" hasn't worked out - yet. I'm not even going to talk about fresh starts any more. No one makes fresh starts anyway. Life just goes on; and my life is like an oil tanker heading in the wrong direction.