Tuesday 13 September 2011

Ted Weschler? I couldn't tell you

If you asked me, I wouldn't know. There are people who come out of the blue, the blue sky. They are little gifts from God. Ted Weschler of Peninsula Capital Partners is a big gift from God, a man out of the BLACK sky to Berkshire Hathaway. Inexplicable. Incomprehensible. [Inescapable?] And it is pure, unadulterated Ted-ness. That's what we are dealing with. A hedge fund manager like we have never known - until now.

So don't ask me. 'Why did Ted Weschler pay five million dollars for his dinner?' Oh, Christ! The things you ask me! I don't know. There are people starving in the world. I can't explain. None of it makes any sense. 'How did he get a job with Mr Buffett?' Jesus H. Christ! Those dinners, I suppose. What do I know? I've got problems I'm trying to cope with in an absolutely wretched life, and you're pestering me like this? It's not fair. Even shamans need a break, you know. And I feel broken, anyway. It's all so confusing.