Tuesday 13 March 2012

I don't know what's going on

What's going on? I woke up this morning determined to write about a bank or a hedge fund or a banker or a hedgie, but I couldn't get a signal on my internet thing. So I'm writing this now, and I haven't got a clue what's going on. Oh, what's going on?

Maybe I should imagine some shit. Maybe I should imagine that Mike Corcell has broken out of his cage and run amok. (In the daylight. London. The streets, full of people.) Now that would be news! That's something I could get excited about.

I've got a signal! I'm just checking that Mike is still at RWC Partners. Yes, he is! I'm reading on the RWC website that they keep him in his cage twenty-four hours a day now. Right. They don't let him out at night any more. I know it sounds cruel, but a fund manager is for life, not just for Christmas. Does that make sense? No. Let me try again. I know it sounds cruel, but Mike Corcell is an animal. I can't believe they used to let him out anyway. So many lives were ruined!

_________________________


Oh, man. One of these days I'm going to make a fresh start, and it's going to be a real fresh start. In the meantime, I'm going to write about music. I'm very close to having three classic pop songs. I mean, nothing like the muck I wrote in the old days. A few fragments - words and music - need to come together, but any publisher who turns these songs down will have to be mentally ill. Seriously. I need to finish them. I need to improve my guitar playing. And I need to record the songs. I reckon I'll be ready by the beginning of May.

I’m almost starting to feel ... happy.