Wednesday 7 March 2012

A rough night

Late last night ... I was playing Catacombs on my laptop, that old ZX81 game. I managed to find over two thousand pieces of gold. Or pounds, sterling. Pieces or pounds, I don't know. Anyway, it was my best score EVER! But staring at the computer screen with such intensity gave me a migraine and I had to get up at 5.00am to be sick. Then I went back to sleep for a few hours. Well, I've had my lunch. The migraine has gone. However, I'm very confused, so I won't be writing about finance.

Some bastard phoenix got me in the end, I think. Well, it didn't actually kill me, but it did most of the damage before an orc finished me off. Or was it a serpent? Does it matter?

A complete waste of my time, really. Monsters chasing me around. (It wasn't real gold, was it?) I could have been writing a post about Allen Stanford. Or playing my guitar. Or getting on with that song lyric. I've had the music for over three months, and it's as good as any mid-period Beatles tune. As you know, I've got the title now, and the idea. I just need the lyric to be cool, like a Hal David lyric. This is my chance to get out of the shit. If I get this right, it'll be a total fuck-off song: one that sets me apart.

Imaginary gold, ha! Who needs it?