Monday 18 May 2015

Who on earth is Gideon Nieuwoudt?!

Oh, it's too early in the morning for mysteries! Too early in the week, in fact. However, I'm going to give it my best shot. I'm going to see if I can make any sense out of this "Gideon Nieuwoudt" character.

Well, well ... / I'm already confused! Gideon's LinkedIn profile says he's working at Fermain Technologies. Er ... he ain't! He's working at Edmond de Rothschild as some ... cockamamie director of alternative investment solutions - if you can believe that. And I don't think it's a fake profile. (He has over five hundred connections. All the fake ones only have one or two connections.) 'Boss, there's no mystery, man. So just chill. Obviously, our Gideon hasn't updated his profile yet.' Oh, well, you're wrong there, Voice. Because he was supposed to be moving from Silver Creek Capital to Edmond de Rothschild. 'He mentions Silver Creek on his profile.' Yeah, maybe he does. But where does Fermain Technologies come into it? 'I don't know, Mikey.' No, you don't. No one knows, son. It's a mystery.

Of course, the funny thing is, none of this actually matters, you know. (It's Monday morning! Come on!) I mean, a man moves from one firm to another firm. BUT(!) ... do we really need to know the names of the firms? 'Do we really need to know the name of the man?' Probably not, Voice. / This blog is full of names. Men, women, and firms! Going back eight years. What good has it done me, dear reader(s)? What good has it done YOU(!)?

Well, well ... / Oh, by the way, Edmond de Rothschild believes in concordia, integritas, and industria. Great stuff! 'Eh?! What the fuck is that shit, Mikey?!' Christ! Harmony, integrity, and industry, man. 'Oh.' So, it's not shit. It's values. Edmond de Rothschild has values!

Er, uh ... one more thing: Our Gideon studied at Stellenbosch - if that makes any sense. 'Ha!' / I don't know. Some of these guys are pretty eccentric. Live and let live, eh?

...

Music? 'Music!' I'm listening to B.B. King, Live at The Regal. A great live album from 1964, recommended by Eric Clapton (amongst others). Highlights are: Sweet Little Angel and How Blue Can You Get? / "I gave you seven children, and now you want to give them back ..."